13 Holywell Street,
Also at this Venue
Al Grant presents a unique insight into the life and music of the legendary singer Jim Reeves with a wonderful concert of his classic hit songs. With narration of Jim's life together with video screen footage this will be a unique evening of songs and story.
Renowned for his classic interpretation of Jim Reeves songs with unerring similarity to the voice of the great man, this promises to be one of the concerts of the year.
Al is backed by a band which includes some of the UK’s finest musicians.
He will perform all of Jim Reeves classic hit songs including: I Love You Because, He’ll Have To Go, Adios Amigo, Distant Drums, Danny Boy, You are The Only Good Thing, I Won’t Forget You, It Hurts So Much, Moonlight and Roses and, of course, Welcome To My World and many others.
Special guest on the night will be renowned singer/songwriter Isla Grant
|Wed 26 Oct 2016||19:30|
SK 385712 53.23715 -1.42446
The Winding Wheel is in Chesterfield town centre and there are many nearby car parks. The directions below are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right hand lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep to right hand lane and go straight on through traffic lights and round back of 'Crooked Spire' Church. Select right hand lane and go straight on at 1st and 2nd set of traffic lights, approaching large roundabout with car park in middle. Keep to right hand lane and turn right into car park (Holywell Cross).
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep to left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street). Select right hand lane, then follow route from North/South.
: 0 miles from Chesterfield station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Telephone (public)
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
Although the Winding Wheel doesn't have a cafe, there is a bar available in the Auditorium during performances.
- Entrance is well lit
- Hearing loop system
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system