13 Holywell Street,
Also at this Venue
The last year has seen the Queen pass two significant milestones: not only is she our longest reigning monarch, this April she also became the first British sovereign to reach the age of 90.
Her Majesty remains as active and dedicated to the business of monarchy as ever, carrying out more than 340 engagements in 2015 alone.
Royal watcher James Taylor takes a look at the Queen’s reign and her role in public life today. Having attended a number of royal occasions, he is well placed to explain their happenings and their significance as well as decoding some of the myths surrounding the royal family.
James has been a regular royal commentator on local radio and television over several years and is also a regular columnist on the Royal Family for local newspapers.
|Wed 26 - Tue 25 Oct 2016||19:30|
SK 385712 53.23715 -1.42446
The Winding Wheel is in Chesterfield town centre and there are many nearby car parks. The directions below are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right hand lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep to right hand lane and go straight on through traffic lights and round back of 'Crooked Spire' Church. Select right hand lane and go straight on at 1st and 2nd set of traffic lights, approaching large roundabout with car park in middle. Keep to right hand lane and turn right into car park (Holywell Cross).
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep to left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street). Select right hand lane, then follow route from North/South.
: 0 miles from Chesterfield station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Telephone (public)
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
Although the Winding Wheel doesn't have a cafe, there is a bar available in the Auditorium during performances.
- Entrance is well lit
- Hearing loop system
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system