Chesterfield Visitor Information Centre
Also at this Venue
This purpose built Visitor Information Centre will help you to make the most of your visit to the Chesterfield Area.
We have leaflets and posters on events, attractions, where to stay, where to eat, bus times and train times. We also sell a range of tickets - from theatre seats to local and national events such as Bakewell Show and Southport Flower Show.
Services on offer include:
Box office for Chesterfield Theatres (Pomegranate Theatre and Winding Wheel)
Accommodation booking (both locally and regionally)
National Express coach tickets
Seat booking for Mansfield Palace Theatre and Buxton Opera House
Ideas and information for days out
Day trip tickets for local coach companies
Advance tickets for local events (often cheaper than buying on the gate)
Sale of locally sourced gifts, souvenirs, postcards, walking books and maps
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Mon 11 Jul 2016 - Mon 10 Jul 2017||Mon - Sat 09:30 to 18:00|
SK 384711 53.23571 -1.42508
The Visitor Information Centre is a black building next to the 'Crooked Spire' Church and is close to several car parks. These directions are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select middle lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Select left hand lane and take first left (Beetwell Street). Multi-storey car park on right.
For surface car parks select right lane at 2nd roundabout and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right lane and at traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane). Take first left then left again into St Mary’s Gate car park.
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Matalan) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), then follow route from North/South.
: 0 miles from Chesterfield station
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- French signs/guides
- German signs/guides
- Gift shop
- Spanish signs/guides
- Welcome Host
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted
- Smoking not allowed
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Entrance is well lit
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Children's menu
Some displays are too high for children or wheelchair users to use comfortably but staff assistance is always available.
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system