Also at this Venue
Events at this Venue
Part of a programme of Satellite Broadcasts hosted by the Pomegranate Theatre. This is a live broadcast.
Set against the backdrop of post-war Britain, John Osborne's modern classic conjures the seedy glamour of the old music halls for an explosive examination of public masks and private torment.
Rob Ashford directs Kenneth Branagh as the unforgettable Archie Rice, a racist, sexist music hall performer whose career is failing, with John Hurt as Billy Rice.
|Thu 27 Oct 2016||19:00|
SK 385712 53.23660 -1.42342
The Pomegranate Theatre has no car park of its own. The directions below are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right hand lane and at traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane). Follow road round to left and car parks on either side.
Alternatively, on Lordsmill Street go straight on through traffic lights and round back of 'Crooked Spire' Church. Select right hand lane and go straight on at 1st and 2nd set of traffic lights, approaching large roundabout with car park in middle. Keep to right hand lane and turn right into car park (Holywell Cross).
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep to left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), take right hand lane then follow route from North/South.
: 0 miles from Chesterfield station
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
Designated wheelchair seats are available on row A and on row O (row O is more convenient for the toilet suitable for wheelchair users). Although there is no cafe at the Theatre, there is a bar which is accessible by wheelchair lift.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system