Also at this Venue
Events at this Venue
|Wed 28 Sep||RSC Live: Cymbeline (12A)|
|Thu 29 - Fri 30 Sep||This Might Hurt|
|Sat 1 Oct||This Might Hurt|
|Sun 2 Oct||Screening - Royal Opera Encore: Norma (Cert TBC)|
|Wed 5 - Fri 7 Oct||Iolanthe - Chesterfield Gilbert & Sullivan Society|
|Sat 8 Oct||Iolanthe - Chesterfield Gilbert & Sullivan Society|
Over 200 years after the nation’s favourite novel was first published, Richard Darbourne Ltd is delighted to present the highly praised, sparkling and fresh stage adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
This production offers a brand new interpretation of one of the nation’s favourite love stories. Two actors juggle the full gamut of Austen’s well-loved characters; they journey from the Meryton Assembly to the grounds of Pemberley; and transport Darcy and Lizzy from instant dislike to something altogether more different, all in just two hours. Every word that is spoken is Austen’s.
In this imaginative and loving adaptation by Joannah Tincey, two actors bring to life Austen’s words with great skill and agility. A must for Austen fans as well as those looking for a fresh and surprising new piece of theatre, this chance to catch the five Bennett sisters and the whole world of Austen brought to life by just two actors is a theatrical treat not to be missed.
|Mon 17 Oct 2016||19:30|
Group 10+ £15.00
SK 385712 53.23660 -1.42342
The Pomegranate Theatre has no car park of its own. The directions below are to the nearest car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right hand lane and at traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane). Follow road round to left and car parks on either side.
Alternatively, on Lordsmill Street go straight on through traffic lights and round back of 'Crooked Spire' Church. Select right hand lane and go straight on at 1st and 2nd set of traffic lights, approaching large roundabout with car park in middle. Keep to right hand lane and turn right into car park (Holywell Cross).
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep to left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), take right hand lane then follow route from North/South.
: 0 miles from Chesterfield station
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Facilities for hearing impaired
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
Designated wheelchair seats are available on row A and on row O (row O is more convenient for the toilet suitable for wheelchair users). Although there is no cafe at the Theatre, there is a bar which is accessible by wheelchair lift.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system