Search availability for Foxglove Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Chesterfield||MAR
(Cottage sleeps up to 4)
Availability updated on 4 Mar 14 at 22:09
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Foxglove Cottage is a lovely 4-star graded stone cottage with its own garden, on a quiet private lane in the small farming hamlet of Alton in the award-winning parish of Ashover. The village is at the top of a hill and there are fantastic views over the valley below. There is a cosy sitting room and a well-equipped dining kitchen downstairs. Upstairs are two good-sized bedrooms - one double and one twin - and a bathroom with WC, handbasin and electric shower over the bath. There is an open log fire for cosy winter evenings. The cottage also has its own private garden with barbecue and furniture for those lazy summer days. Free WiFi available.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Short Breaks of 3 nights usually run from Friday to Monday but you can always contact us to check if other days are available. Book a short break from Monday to Friday and get 4 nights for the price of 3. We ask for a deposit on booking with the balance six weeks before your holiday starts. If you would like any other information about Foxglove Cottage or the surrounding area please get in touch - we'll be happy to help you arrange the perfect holiday or short break.
Enjoy a self-catering holiday or short break in the peaceful hamlet of Alton, part of the award-winning parish of Ashover. An ideal base for exploring the Peak District and Derbyshire - Chatsworth is an easy drive of 7 miles across Beeley Moor. Chesterfield and Matlock are both within 5 miles.
Foxglove Cottage is a pretty stone cottage which sleeps up to four people although it is particularly popular with couples. It is on a private lane with fabulous views towards Hardwick Hall. While you’re here, why not try one of the many walks from the doorstep around this beautiful area. Walk to the Ashover Rock, take a picnic and enjoy panoramic views across five counties. If you enjoy horse riding or want to learn, there is a riding school in the village.
Foxglove Cottage itself is comfortable and well-equipped. It has a cosy sitting room with a log fire, a dining kitchen, 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 twin – and a bathroom with a bath, shower (over bath), basin and toilet. There is also free WiFi. The cottage has a private garden and parking for 2 cars. One well-behaved pet is welcome at no extra charge.
Children welcome from any age.
SK 362642 53.17421 -1.45882
Foxglove Cottage is situated in the small village of Alton close to Ashover. It is 5 miles from both Matlock and Chesterfield but there is no public transport in the village so a car is essential.
Full directions will be given on confirmation of booking.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)