Temperance House Farm
Delightful accommodation in a warm friendly Grade II listed farmhouse on a small working farm on the edge of the Peak District. Good farmhouse breakfasts. Pubs and restaurants nearby and only a short drive to Chatsworth, Bakewell and Chesterfield.
A reduction in price is available for a stay of 2 nights or more.
(Telephone bookings only)
For further details see
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 314708 Lat: 53.23410 Long: -1.52997
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select left lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and at next roundabout take 1st exit (continuous lane). Stay in left lane then, at traffic lights select middle lane and go straight on. Keep to left lane and at traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl), take 2nd exit (A619). Follow road to next roundabout (Morrison's). Select right hand lane and take 2nd exit (A619). Follow road for approx 3½ miles passing petrol station on right. Just over 1 mile past petrol station turn right (signposted Wadshelf and Wigley, Bradshaw Lane). Turn right almost immediately, go over cattle grid and down drive to farm.
Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 towards Chesterfield, passing Highwayman pub on right. Approx ½ mile past Highwayman fork left (signposted Wadshelf and Wigley). Turn right almost immediately (Bradshaw Lane), then turn left going over cattle grid and down drive to farm.
Search availability for Temperance House Farm and book online
Sorry, unable to show availability starting from 29th May 2012. To look for availability for your visit, use the search above.
- Building of historical interest
- Working farm
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Totally non-smoking
- Television available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Electric shaver points
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit