Crooked Spire Open Days at Crooked Spire Church
A guided tour of the Tower of Chesterfield's famous Church with an opportunity to look up into the Crooked Spire and out over the town. Climb approximately 144 steps, then walk out onto the top of the Tower for a close up look at the Spire.
On the way, visit the Belfry and discover fascinating facts about the Church and its history.
Tours take place all day - just turn up
Adults £3.50 Children under 16 £1.50.
|Mon 27 May 2013||11:00 to 16:00|
|Tue 30 Jul 2013||11:00 to 16:00|
|Mon 26 Aug 2013||11:00 to 16:00|
email a friend
VenueCrooked Spire Church
Church of St Mary and All Saints, Church Way, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 1XJ
Map reference: SK 384711 Lat: 53.23604 Long: -1.42533
The Crooked Spire Church is in Chesterfield town centre but has no car park of its own so the directions below are to the nearest town centre car parks.
Leave M1 at junction 29 and follow A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select middle lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Select left lane and take first left (Beetwell Street). Multi-storey car park on right hand side.
For surface car parks: at roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. At next roundabout select right lane and take 2nd exit (Lordsmill Street). Keep in right hand lane and go straight on. At traffic lights turn right (Spa Lane), take 1st left then left or right into car parks.
Follow A617 to junction with M1 motorway, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Keep in left lane and, at traffic lights, go straight on. At next roundabout select left lane and take 1st exit (Lordsmill Street), then follow route from North/South for either multi-storey or surface car parks.
Parking : with charge
Accessible by Public Transport : Chesterfield station
Refreshments and toilets in the Saints Parish Centre next door to the Church.
Also at this venue
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system
Meals for visitors with special dietary requirements can be provided if notified in advance. Wheelchairs can be provided if notified in advance.