Recently renovated Nesfield Cottage, in the traditional Derbyshire village of Barlow, enjoys a tranquil location in beautiful undiscovered Peak District Border countryside. Ideal base for visiting Chatsworth, Haddon, Hardwick and Bolsover Castle, with Sheffield, Bakewell, Matlock and Castleton also nearby. Luxuriously large rooms, superking sized beds, home-made bread, truly special breakfast.
For further details see
Drying room. Guided walks available.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 348742 Lat: 53.26365 Long: -1.47973
Leave M1 motorway at junction 29 and take A617 to Chesterfield (approx 4 miles). At traffic light controlled roundabout select middle lane and take 3rd exit. Select right hand lane and, at next roundabout take 2nd exit. Keep in right hand lane and go straight on through traffic lights and round 'Crooked Spire' Church. Select right hand lane. At traffic lights go straight on. Keep to right hand lane as approach large roundabout with car park in middle. Follow signs to Sheffield round the roundabout. At mini roundabout take 1st exit (Newbold Road, B6051). Go straight on following signs for Barlow (approx 3 miles). Pass 2 sets of iron gates on right as descent into dip with stone cottages and trees either side of road. Turn right immediately after bus stop on bridge into unmade lane. Nesfield Cottage car park is beyond last cottage on right.
Follow A617 to M1 motorway junction, then follow route from North/South.
Follow A619 to Chesterfield. At traffic light controlled roundabout (Lidl on left) select middle lane and take 2nd exit, turning left onto Rutland Road. Select right lane and turn right at traffic lights. Follow road straight on through traffic lights. At roundabout select left lane and take 2nd exit passing car park. At mini roundabout take 1st exit (Newbold Road, B6051) then follow route from North/South.
Search availability for Nesfield Cottage and book online
Sorry, unable to show availability starting from 18th June 2012. To look for availability for your visit, use the search above.
- Private parking
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Euros accepted
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Central heating
- Disabled facilities
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry/valet service
- Totally non-smoking
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Packed lunches provided
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Electric shaver points
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Drying room. Guided walks available.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
Guests with special diets can be catered for with prior notice.